teen weight loss tips - start by being a healthy example
Introducing teen weight loss tips to teens is one of the most effective ways to put an end to weight gain and obesity. Although teens tend to have much more energy than adults, their metabolism can still be negatively affected. You want to make sure that you introduce teen weight loss tips to your teenager before those bad eating habits are carried over into adulthood.
If your teen's bad eating habits get out of hand, they could have a negative affect him or her for the rest of their life. One of the first ways to stop this sort of behavior is to sit them down and talk to them about their weight. Introduce a series of teen weight loss tips to them in a way that is not offensive. Let them know that you want to help them and prevent anything bad from happening to them. Discuss how being overweight can quickly lead to obesity, heart disease, heart attack, as well as other serious conditions such as high blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and diabetes.
Given below are some effective teen weight loss tips to introduce to your teen right away:
1. Getting Informed - Urge that your teen become informed by reading a series of teen health articles and understanding the importance of weight loss. If they have any questions, make sure that you are there to provide them with all the answers. If there is something you don't understand, research it until you can find a legitimate, factual explanation for your teen's question. It's always good to have facts on hand when discussing teen weight loss tips.
2. Importance of Water - When you talk to your teen about losing weight let them know that water is their best friend for keeping excess fats flushed out of their body. Water also can help to speed up their metabolism, especially when it is consumed extremely cold, as their body has to work extra hard (thus burning more calories) to warm the water to their body temperature. Water is also a very healthy alternative to soft drinks and other colored beverages, which are full of calories, and obviously, very popular amongst teenagers.
3. Exercise - Of all teen weight loss tips, getting an adequate amount of exercise is the most important. Your teen may be full of energy, but not exerting him or herself the way he or she should. Instead of allowing him or her to stay cooped up at home all day, encourage that he or she get out and sign up for sports at school. If he or she does not want to become a part of the school's basketball team, softball team, etc., then pay for them a membership to the gym. Healthy habits that your teen starts now will last a lifetime.
5. Eat In Portions - Another one of the teen weight loss tips you should bring to your teen's attention is the amount he or she eats. Explain how it is important not overeat, but rather eat in portions. Talk about how it can help to control blood sugar as well as hunger. Talk to your teen about how eating in portions will keep them from overeating and ultimately burn more calories by providing them with the energy they need to make it to the next meal.
6. What Your Teen Eats Is Important - This is another one of the very important teen weight loss tips to bring into focus. Your teen can't snack on potato chips and soft drinks everyday and lose weight. He or she must consume foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole meats. Make sure that they are consuming foods with lots of nutritional value for best results.
Teen weight loss happens when bad eating habits are replaced by excellent eating habits. This is a life style change, which will benefit your teen for life. Motivate then by being a healthy excellent example yourself. At first it will be hard, but the rewards in the years to come will be healthy grandchildren and that is a blessing.
Have A Success Story About Teens?
Do you have a success story about teens? Share it! If your story is chosen, then we will post your comment/story on our website.
We believe that other parents need help with their teens. So please pay it forward.
Return to Home Page
Written by Dr. Clarence A. Grasty who has 32 years in public education, spending all 32 years at the secondary level including middle school and he is an SEO enthusiast and CEO of Current Health Articles. His website at http://www.current-health-articles.com Current Health Articles.Com offers a host of articles and blogs for family readers. Clarence’s site is jam packed with tips and techniques for addressing common aliments. His site also allows you to comment on articles and to provide your own “best story”. If your comment (“best story”) is selected, your story will be posted on Current Health Articles.